Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and in their community through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
Support the development and implementation of alumni engagement strategies.
Create programs, systems, and relationships to increase communication and engagement with YouthBuild graduates.
Plan and coordinate alumni engagement activities and lead other projects to increase engagement with YouthBuild alumni.
Work with the Case Manager: College and Transitions to develop and coordinate cohort building activities and alumni follow up activities.
Work with the Case Manager: College and Transitions to build enhanced support structures for alumni as they transition to post-secondary education, such as tutoring, on-campus activities, systematic follow up, and coordination with selected staff at PSE institutions.
Work with Case Manager: College and Transitions to support the development of a plan to increase post-secondary awareness throughout the classrooms and building.
Support relationship building and career pathway development for the YouthBuild Health & Wellness track.
Assist in creating sustainable resources for placements and a model of stackable employment options for Corpsmembers.
Contribute to the development and coordination of Service Days. Provide Corpsmember training and support where needed in setting up individualized service projects.
Oversee the development and implementation of the Martin Luther King Day all-Corps service project.
Manage media and community outreach sources, including program photos, video and blog entries, while working closely with the Development and Marketing Department.
Work with the Outreach Coordinator to develop Youth Street Team recruitment activities for YouthBuild.
Assist program hiring teams in implementing hiring processes as needed, including the development of processes and documentation.
Continue to build and enhance the service project list, incorporating a wide variety of potential service project activities and organizations available for Corpsmembers to complete Independent Service Projects.
Collaborate with all YouthBuild staff to continue to refine the tracking system of programmatic activities.
Assist with outcome measurement and grant reporting.
Reports to the Program Specialist: YouthBuild
Education: BA or BS preferred. Professional experience in a related field may be substituted for post-secondary education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds
• Technologically proficient, including experience with computer and data management programs (MS Word, MS Excel, Access, etc.). Experience with database systems preferred
• Ability to work well independently and in a team
• Ability to complete tasks in a detail-oriented and timely manner
• Committed to development and empowerment of young people
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Publisher
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Ability to legally work in the United States
• Pre-employment drug screen may be required
Hours, Compensation and Benefits
• This is a one-year (Sep. 16, 2017-Sep. 15 , 2018), full-time AmeriCorps VISTA position (subject to VISTA restrictions) that pays an annual living stipend of $14,665, equating to approximately $562 bi-weekly before taxes.
• Week day office hours are typically 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Thursday and 8 am to 4 pm on Fridays.
• $5815 Ed Award or $1,500 stipend upon completion
• Optional enrollment in the AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Allowance program.
• 10 sick days and 10 vacation days
• Opportunities for professional development training throughout the year
• Relocation allowance up to $1,000 provided by the Corporation
• Child care allowance provided by the Corporation
To Apply: Apply online at www.americorps.gov or submit cover letter and resume, to email@example.com
and put “YouthBuild VISTA” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. For more information on MHYC, go to www.milehighyouthcorps.org.
Mile High Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer