The YouthBuild Crew Leader: Health and Wellness oversees crews of 10-14 YouthBuild Corpsmembers ages 18-24 attending a certified nurse aide (CNA) program at a local community college while performing health and wellness related service at Denver area nonprofits. The YouthBuild Crew Leader: Health and Wellness is responsible for maintaining safe worksite practices, providing academic support during CNA training and clinical, service project supervision, maintaining cohesive program implementation, and providing training and leadership development opportunities. This position works closely with community college faculty and staff to support curriculum learning and with health and wellness service partners to assist with project completion and maximizing training opportunities for Corpsmembers.
Reports to: Program Manager: YouthBuild.
Areas of Responsibility
Supervision & Management
• Provide daily supervision and health and wellness education training to a crew of young people enrolled in nurse aide classes and serving in local nonprofits in health and wellness positions.
• Provide academic support to YouthBuild Corpsmembers in the areas of basic nursing skills, communication skills, restorative services, personal care skills, and safety and emergency care.
• Ensure all Corpsmembers follow proper safety procedures and protocols, including MHYC, OSHA, and HIPAA standards.
• Enforce the code of conduct, discipline policies, and program procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook and in conjunction with various YouthBuild grant guidelines.
• Provide consistent and ongoing feedback, as well as perform a minimum of one formal evaluation per Corpsmember each cycle.
• Oversee and provide support regarding Corpsmember progress in nurse aide training program and state certification preparation.
• Serve as a liaison and on-site contact with community college faculty and staff, service partner staff, and other project sponsors.
• Distribute work among Corpsmembers and maintain consistent workflow, ensuring each Corpsmember receives quality service site learning opportunities.
• Assist in completing all project reports, evaluations, and tracking forms in a timely manner.
Corpsmember Development & Education
• Support and encourage Corpsmember participation and progress in the program overall
• Plan and facilitate team-building activities
• Participate in and help supervise community service projects
• Facilitate leadership development through implementing the jobsite leadership roles, providing appropriate feedback, and identifying appropriate avenues for individual growth
• Assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring Corpsmembers
• Maintain thorough records on Corpsmembers throughout the length of the program, including but not limited to tracking programmatic activities, trainings, skills learned, project accomplishments, daily attendance, and time records.
• Complete timely data entry in assigned databases for organization and funder purposes.
• Attend and fully participate in staff meetings, YouthBuild team meetings, other organization, funder, and partner meetings as appropriate.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent is required. Two years of college or vocational training (or applicable experience) is preferred with a focus in youth development, health care/public health, community involvement, or related field. Certified Nurse Aide (or related advanced-level certification) in good standing is preferred.
• Experience working with a diverse group of people in a team atmosphere.
• Experience supervising groups of youth.
• A minimum of 2-4 years of Certified Nurse Aide or related experience is preferred.
• Supervision experience in a health and wellness or related setting is preferred.
• Belief in and strong support of Mile High Youth Corps’ mission, vision, and values
• Ability to motivate, enforce discipline procedures, communicate effectively, and teach safe work practices.
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner.
• Must be eligible to legally work in the United States, which will be confirmed using the Federal E-Verify system
• Knowledge of Denver Metro Area preferred.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test. Drug testing may also be required during employment. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record, with the expectation of driving a company vehicle daily
• Certified Nurse Aide in good standing. Must be eligible and willing to obtain certificate if not current (training costs provided).
• This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations.
Hours & Compensation
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. This position is grant funded. Salary based on experience. Hours are arranged upon hire, and will vary between Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Personal vehicle use may be required. Some evenings and weekends may be required for Corps related functions.
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
(include “YouthBuild Crew Leader: Health & Wellness” in the subject line)
Mail: Attn. Amber Palmeri, 1801 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204
No phone inquiries please.
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.
More information can be found at www.milehighyouthcorps.org