Program Coordinator: Outreach and Recruitment
Summary: Reporting to the Regional Director: Metro Denver, this fulltime position is directly responsible for outreach and recruitment for the organization’s youth programs including: planning and coordinating outreach activities, implementing and tracking Corpsmember recruitment, and building community partnerships.
• Design and implement outreach plans to establish partnerships and collaborations with other agencies, community organizations, schools and youth groups.
• Establish referral contacts throughout the Denver Metro area.
• Represent MHYC at job fairs, community events and networking events.
• Conduct presentations at schools, referral agencies and other community organizations/groups.
• Work with the Development & Marketing Department to design & distribute promotional materials.
• Implement effective social media strategies to reach target markets.
• Coordinate the GOCO GoWild Pathways project; supervise the GoWild Crew Leader.
• Support the supervision of the Administrative & Outreach Associate and Alumni Mentor: Outreach.
• Provide support for outreach efforts in MHYC’s Southern Front Range office.
• Design and implement recruitment plans for each of MHYC’s programs and coordinate all outreach activities conducted by staff, volunteers, and Corpsmembers.
• Establish recruitment/hiring timelines and provide to program staff involved in the hiring process.
• Ensure clear and consistent communication with the hiring team for each program.
• Collect outreach and recruitment data from the hiring team, analyze processes and outcomes, and develop/enhance strategies as needed at the end of each hiring period.
• Support program staff in the Corpsmember hiring process.
• Provide support for youth recruitment efforts in MHYC’s Southern Front Range office.
• Assist program management and staff in the planning and delivery of Corpsmember orientation
• Provide support for Corpsmember orientation in MHYC’s Southern Front Range office.
• Create/maintain a comprehensive referral/recruitment database.
• Prepare hiring reports as needed.
• Oversee applicant database (Zoho) and track applicants throughout hiring process.
• Other administrative and coordination duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of Denver Metro area, local community and youth organizations, schools, education and training organizations, public agencies and private industry.
• Proven ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Superior presentation ability and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and writing skills.
• Proven attention to detail and timeliness in meeting deadlines.
• Prior youth development, youth corps, and/or AmeriCorps experience (preferred).
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish (preferred).
• Marketing/outreach experience (preferred).
• Social media experience (preferred).
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access and Publisher is required.
• A clean driving record and use of a personal vehicle with valid insurance is required.
• Pre-employment drug screen required.
• Because this position has recurring access to vulnerable populations, a criminal and FBI background check (including fingerprinting) is required.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States as verified by the federal E-Verify program.
Hours & Compensation
• This is a fulltime salaried position (exempt/regular) with benefits; salary range is $32,000-$37,000/year DOE. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required. Anticipated start date: April 2, 2018.
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter by Tuesday, February 20, 2018 to:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(include “Program Coordinator: Outreach and Recruitment” in the subject line)
• Fax: # 303-433-5997
• Mail: Attn: Antonio Barreiro, 1801 Federal Blvd., Denver, CO 80204
• No calls please
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin.