Position Overview: This position leads Energy & Water crews comprised of 18-24 year-old Corpsmembers in the delivery of energy and water conservation services to low-income residents, community-based organizations and other MHYC clients. Responsibilities include: hiring, supervision, training and youth development of Water and Energy Conservation Corpsmembers and Crew Leaders; program development, implementation and reporting; coordination of service opportunities and educational activities.
Reports to: Project Manager: Energy & Water Conservation
Areas of Responsibility
Youth Development & Supervision:
● Support recruitment and manage hiring for all Energy & Water Conservation Corpsmembers
● Implement orientation and training for Corpsmembers and Crew Leaders
● Supervise, monitor and evaluate the work performance of Corpsmembers and Crew Leaders
● Promote agency mission in all activities
● Enforce the policies and procedures outlined in the MHYC employee and Corpsmember handbooks
● Promote a solution-focused youth development environment in which Corpsmembers have the opportunity to develop new skills and experience personal growth
● Maintain a consistent leadership presence in the field and ensure quality control
● Provide significant leadership development and service opportunities for Corpsmembers throughout the duration of their terms of service both within the agency and in the community
● Support and lead staff and Corpsmembers towards agency goals; consistently contributing to the team effort
● Oversee the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Energy & Water Conservation program
● Ensure meaningful program implementation that successfully meets the 6 core educational areas, in particular on Friday programming days
● Implement program practices that reflect local and national best practices in relation to Youth Corps, youth development, green jobs, and other related fields
● Develop appropriate programmatic structures that promote Corpsmember success and meet programmatic, agency, and funder goals
● Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in program activities both internally and externally
● Ensure that safe working procedures are followed
● Work closely with the Energy & Water staff to ensure fee-for-service projects are well executed leading to a high satisfaction level of clients and sponsors
● Work closely with MHYC staff and Alumni Mentors to help coordinate volunteer service days leading to a high volunteer and project sponsor satisfaction
● Maintain accurate project records and reports as needed. Create ways to engage crew in reporting when possible.
● Support the Energy & Water staff in the successful distribution, security and maintenance of MHYC tools, vehicles and uniforms
● Support the implementation of the Leadership Council in coordination with the Program Leadership team
● Complete and submit high quality program and grant reports in a timely manner
● Ensure consistent, timely and thorough tracking of grant and agency related outcomes
● Ensure appropriate spending of Energy & Water Conservation program budgets
● Coordinate all programmatic evaluation tools and databases Ensure that Corpsmember files, AmeriCorps education award paperwork and attendance records are complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner
● Assist other staff by providing programmatic information needed for marketing materials and fundraising proposals
● Attend Energy & Water Conservation program and youth corps events and trainings as required
● Participate in internal and external meetings and committees
● Complete other duties as assigned
Education: B.A. or B.S. required
● Minimum two years of experience working directly with a diverse youth population (ages 18-24 preferred)
● Previous experience with youth development and program implementation
● Previous facilitation and/or teaching experience in leadership, teambuilding, life-skills training, service learning, civic engagement and/or technical skills
● Familiarity with energy and water conservation practices and ethics preferred
● Previous project coordination and/or management experience preferred
● Prior AmeriCorps and/or service experience preferred
● Computer proficient including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office applications
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Valid driver’s license with good driving record and ability to drive a 12-passenger van
● Able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program on the first day of employment
● Pre-employment background check required, including a FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting. This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations.
● Pre-employment drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during employment.
Hours & Compensation
This position is classified as exempt, full-time regular. Open until filled. Typical hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30 pm and Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required. Salary range is $32,000-$34,000 DOE.
To Apply Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
(include “Program Coordinator: Energy & Water Conservation” in the subject line). If you have questions about the position, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 303-433-1206 ext. 232.
No Calls Please
Mile High Youth Corps is committed to diversity in principle and practice, both in the community at large and within the organization. We are, therefore, committed to having our internal operations and employment practices administered on a non-discriminating basis inclusive of, but not limited to, race, religion, color, socio-economic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, or national origin. Every effort shall be made to grant reasonable accommodation for qualified people with disabilities to participate in this AmeriCorps program.
More information can be found at www.milehighyouthcorps.org