The Human Resources Associate will perform a range of hiring, administrative, and human resource support functions for Mile High Youth Corps – Southern Front Range (MHYC-SFR). The Human Resources Associate will directly contribute to increasing MHYC-SFR’s capacity to meet the organization’s mission: To help youth make a difference in themselves and their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
Reports to: The Program Coordinator: Grants and Compliance
Duties and Responsibilities
The Human resources Associate will:
• Support the hiring and paperwork process for the Summer of Service and Fall Forestry season to include collecting and tracking hours and necessary documents.
• Support the Fall Forestry recruitment, pre-screening, interviewing, and hiring process as needed.
• Effectively utilize online payroll system (Paycom) for all Corpsmembers and seasonal Crew Leaders.
• Ensure effective, accurate and timely AmeriCorps compliance of Corpsmember files, timesheets and exit paperwork.
• Support orientation logistics as needed for 30 Corpsmembers.
• Enter all CM and project information into CID for CYCA funded projects
• Assist with tracking quantitative and qualitative data
• Collect Crew Leader receipts and generate expense reports on a monthly basis
• Other duties as assigned for AmeriCorps compliance related needs
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
• Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills
• Works well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage, multiple deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft office program to include: Outlook, Word and Excel
This position is for approximately 25 hours a week and runs through November 17th. A flexible schedule is available. Pay rate is $15-$16/hr. based on experience. Benefits are not included.
Mile High Youth Corps employs, educates and trains young adults, ages 16-24, on conservation projects in neighborhoods, construction sites, public lands and open spaces throughout Metro Denver and the Southern Front Range of Colorado. For 25 years, we have been engaging youth in jobs that help the planet and provide pathways to a promising future. By integrating paid work experience on community projects with career exploration, education and life skills training, MHYC helps youth gain the knowledge, skills and motivation they need to make positive changes in their community, their own lives and the world.
• Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check and FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting, are required.
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Fully comply with organizational policies and procedures.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
(include Human Resources Associate: Part-Time Position in subject line)
Mail: Mile High Youth Corps (ATTN: Director of Development and Communications)
1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204