Development Manager: Grants and Stewardship
Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and in their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
• Write and submit grant applications to federal, private and corporate foundations for Metro Denver and Southern Front Range offices.
• Maintain strong relationships with historical, new and potential funding partners.
• Develop and maintain, in conjunction with Director of Development and Communication, grant application calendar for all grant requests.
• Track established metrics as outlined in the annual development plan.
• Research grant opportunities and update relevant data for proposals.
• Perform various grant administration functions such as budget amendments, plan change, program evaluation, etc.
• Manage records for institutional funders both electronic (database) and hard files.
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of grant reports in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Thoroughly tracks relevant information in organizational database.
• Prepare reports for the development and event committees as needed.
• Create and maintain appropriate spreadsheets and documentation to support grant expenses in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Ongoing monitoring of grant budgets and expenditures to ensure targets are met.
• Works with program staff to identify needs and demonstrate impact for funders.
• Work with appropriate departments to gather data for reports and ensure that proper records are maintained.
• Collaborate effectively with programmatic staff to ensure clear understanding of development needs.
• Communicate relevant grant information and funding opportunities with agency departments and all appropriate internal users.
• Support marketing and branding efforts as needed.
• Prepare written and statistical reports for various audiences.
• Perform any other duties, as necessary.
• BA or BS required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven track record in grant writing including but not limited to private and family foundations, local and state government grants, federal funding requests, etc.
• Exceptional initiative and drive for ongoing improvement.
• Strong belief in Mile High Youth Corps’ mission.
• Knowledge of common grant template, grant writing procedures and evaluation practices required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detail oriented and able to manage and meet deadlines.
• Two years of grant administration experience preferred.
• Knowledge of grants and grant administration systems, processes and budgeting.
• Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and statistical information.
• Preferred: Knowledgeable of the Colorado philanthropic community and relevant funding areas (e.g. youth development, environment, economic self-sufficiency, etc).
• Ability to prepare reports and correspondence; comprehend and make inferences from written material; interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations and data.
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and an ability to learn new computer skills as necessary.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
• Pre-Employment FBI background check, which includes fingerprinting, is required.
Hours & Compensation
This is a full-time regular position with benefits. Medical, dental and life benefits are available on the 1st of the month after working 60 days. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required for youth corps related functions. Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
(include Development Manager: Grants and Stewardship in subject line)
Mail: Mile High Youth Corps (ATTN: Director of Development and Communications)
1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE
MHYC is an equal opportunity employer.