Position Title: Corpsmember
Position Type: Seasonal, Part Time, 15-30hrs/week
Mile High Youth Corps is a regional, non-profit, AmeriCorps (www.americorps.gov) affiliated organization that engages youth in jobs that help the planet and provide pathways to a promising future. Corpsmembers work on conservation and environmental stewardship projects throughout the Denver Metro Area while engaging in meaningful education activities.
The Outreach Team will be comprised of eight Corpsmembers (17-24 years old) serving together as part of the GoWild Great Outdoors Colorado (GOCO) Inspire Initiative. The GoWild Coalition encompasses the Northeast Metro communities of Commerce City, Northwest Aurora, Northeast Park Hill, and Montbello. The Outreach Team will provide targeted outreach, community engagement, and support for GoWild projects such as local family and youth outdoor recreation experiences, field trips, and career exploration initiatives.
Biweekly Stipend: Earn a living stipend of $432.00 per pay period
AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,221.96 upon successful completion of the term (300 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition or pay back qualifying student loans. Individuals have 7 years to use the award
Flexible start dates from late-August to early-September;
Part-time hours vary from an average of 15-20hrs/week to 30hrs/week depending on start and end date
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• Resident of Commence City, Northwest Aurora, Northeast Park Hill, or Montbello (preferred)
• High school or GED graduate or actively pursuing.
• Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 3 miles with a day-pack.
• Able to be on time and maintain attendance throughout term of service, available for a minimum of 300 hours of service
• Diligently follow Leave No Trace ethics.
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in service projects and educational activities.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
• Experience or strong desire to learn the skills needed for effective community outreach and engagement.
• Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team and be dedicated to the Youth Corps philosophy.
• Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-service drug screen required.
• Member must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement and appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code.
• Fully comply with agency policies and procedures regarding high quality service, tool management, paperwork completion and data accuracy.
• Visit our website at www.milehighyouthcorps.org and click “Apply Now”. Or visit us in person at our headquarters 1801 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204.
• Questions? Please email email@example.com
or call 303-433-1206 ext. 221
Mile High Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Mile High Youth Corps is committed to the inclusion of members with all levels of ability. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request. This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, gender, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion.